This page will keep you informed about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and contains links to coronavirus-related resources produced by the government and other bodies.
We’re in contact with pharmacy bodies, government and the NHS about the latest developments and what this might mean for pharmacists as well as speaking to other professional bodies and pharmacy organisations.
Key resources for pharmacy teams
- The latest Government information and advice can be found on the Department of Health and Social Care website
- A Coronavirus action plan has been published. This describes what the Health and Social care system across the UK has done to tackle the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and what it plans to do next.
- The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus; regularly washing hands and sneezing into a tissue (PHE).
- The Department of Health and Social Care is evaluating the potential impact of coronavirus on the supply of medicines and medical goods. Find out more here.
- Public Health England has issued guidance: COVID-19: Specified countries and areas with implications for returning travellers or visitors arriving in the UK
- A COVID-19 standard operating procedure has been published for community pharmacy to manage people using pharmacy services.
- A letter from the Chief Pharmcaeutical Officer to community pharmacy teams providing a general update was published on the 9th March 2020.
- Statutory regulatory bodies for health and care professionals have issued a joint statement to provide reassure about how they will regulate in light of novel coronavirus (Covid-19)
- Public Health England has produced guidance for for healthcare providers who have staff with relevant travel, healthcare or household contact history