Enhanced DBS Process
In order to work as a Pharmacist you must complete the enhanced DBS application online through a registered body using the provided PIN and secret word, you cannot apply online without these.
Locate a Locum are a registered body, please make a note of the below PIN and secret word before starting your application:
Locate a Locum Org PIN:
Locate a Locum Secret Word:
Steps to completion:
- CLICK HERE to begin your online application.
- The first step is to enter the Locate a Locum PIN. Then complete the rest of the form as per the instructions.
- In the next step you will be asked to enter the secret word provided by Locate a Locum and create a password.
- Complete the secure online payment.
- Print your verification form and take it to your nearest Post Office. You will require a minimum of 3 identity documents to prove your identity.
- You will need to take photocopies of your identity documents, which will be verified against the originals by the post office.
- The post office will counter sign these photocopies, this is a requirment to prevent fraudulent activity.
Enhanced DBS Update Service
This service is provided annually and can be of benefit to all pharmacists. By registering with the service, it keeps your certificate valid and assures employers that your certificate is current and up to date.
To join the update service please visit: www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
**The certificate must be registered with the annual update service within 19 days of receipt.**
The cost for Enhanced DBS Check is £61 and the Post Office charges £4.20 for a document check.
Once you have your DBS, I suggest signing up to the UK Gov DBS Update service - link is here. Certain Pharmacies require you to be signed up to this service to work with them, including Boots.