This service is for the provision Emergency Hormonal Contraception (EHC) to females in the community pharmacy setting.
The aims of this service are to:
- Improve access to emergency contraception, safer sex and sexual health advice
- Reduce the number of unintended pregnancies in the client group by use of EHC
- Refer all clients accessing this service into mainstream contraceptive services for ongoing contraceptive needs
- Increase the knowledge of risks associated with sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Refer clients at risk of STIs to an appropriate service; and
- Increase knowledge, especially among young people, of the availability of EHC from the community pharmacy setting.