PLEASE NOTE - if you are an ex-employee with Boots you CANNOT locum for the company until 6 months from your last day of employment.
Before your shift
You must be able to provide DMS (Discharge Medicine Service) - England only
You must be registered on the DBS update service - England only
You must be able to provide CPCS - England only
Your smartcard must have Locum & SCR access - England only
Flu Jab accreditation may be required
For locums working in Wales please see the information on the link below.
Full details of store check-in can be found here: http://help.locatealocum.com/en/articles/3197454-checking-in-out-with-boots
NOTE: YOU WILL NOT BE PAID BY BOOTS UNLESS YOU COMPLETE THE STEPS BELOW
Please click this link for a step-by-step guide on how to register with Boots through Locate a Locum.
You must keep your Locate a Locum account updated including compliance documents, as it could affect your future Boots applications.
**Your vendor number will be sent straight to you via email from Boots rather than coming through ourselves as we have no involvement in the payment setup process.
If you need/want any updates on your payment account status you MUST contact Boots directly at the following email address - email@example.com.
Please be patient this can take up to 3 weeks to complete if there are no issues or delays.**
Amend your payment account
Please visit this link if you wish to amend your payment account details (you will require your Boots vendor number) - this step only applies once you have been set up:
Locum Pharmacist Amendment Form
Claiming for payment
As of 4th October, you need to make sure your bank details are up to date on your Locate a Locum profile and also correct with sap vendor. If you do not have an active Sap Vendor account they will not be able to pay you.
Further information on this can be found in the registration guide here.
Payment is generally made within 14 days of the shift, payroll runs every Tuesday, with the payslip received on Wednesday and payment on Friday.
For Scotland queries
Please see below (For any queries regarding the rest of the UK, please contact the branch you worked in, if this cannot resolve your issue contact firstname.lastname@example.org):
For Locums offering the NHS England Pharmacy Influenza Vaccination PGD in a Boots store:
• You must complete the Practitioner declaration on the PGD. You must sign a copy of the PGD at each store where you work
• You must take evidence of training and additional requirements (as detailed on page 5 of the PGD) to each store in which you work, including a copy of your Declaration of Competence
• The evidence must be shown to the Authorising Manager (Store Manager/local Store Manager/Area Manager as per guidelines we give for our Boots pharmacists)
• The Authorising Manager must 'sign you off' as being suitably trained and competent to work under the PGD and this copy of the PGD must be kept in the store.
• You must also leave a copy of your Declaration of Competence 'statement of declaration' in the store and this must be attached to the PGD you have signed.
Once the above has been completed, the locum pharmacist can start vaccinating